Spreading the love: Liebster Blog Award
by Todd Foley
Oh, blogging awards. These are always fun.
I’m a bit late on this, but thank you Samir Rawas Sarayji for nominating me for the Liebster Blog award. Samir provides in-depth, comprehensive literary reviews on his blog and it’s always a pleasure to read his writing. I’m excited to read his future work. Thanks for the nomination, Samir, and for enabling me to say “So some dude from the Netherlands reads my blog.” 🙂
Post the award image on your blog. There are several varieties. Google them and find the one you like the most.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/people who nominated you.
Make up 11 questions for those to be nominated.
Nominate 11 people to receive the award. They should have fewer than 200 followers on their blog.
If you’re nominated, your name and/or link will appear at the bottom of this post. Follow the same script and spread the love.
11 facts about myself
- I’m an American living in Canada as a permanent resident. Yay Vancouver.
- I’m a storyteller who learns through reading books, watching films and observing people.
- I was an extra in Free Willy 2. #braggingrights
- I wrote a novel.
- I’m a sucker for videos of screaming goats on Youtube. Case in point.
- I’m a hippie at heart and could spend hours upon hours in nature.
- I’ve yet to make an entire bag of potato chips last longer than 20 minutes.
- I think that pants are overrated.
- I hate the Oxford comma.
- I believe that, one day, everything that’s broken in this world will one day be reconciled back to what was originally intended.
- I’m creeped out by baby corn.
Answers to Samir’s questions:
- Do you prefer literature or entertainment fiction? It comes in waves. I feel more fulfilled by reading literature, but enjoy being entertained after trudging through a difficult book.
- Introvert or extrovert? A personable introvert. Silence fills me up and enables me to be present with other people.
- If you could promote (and succeed) in one cause, what would it be? Promoting family health. To me, this is a holistic issue. I’m very passionate about family health, food education and being empowered to live life to the fullest.
- Movies or books? Both. I love the immediacy of a quality film, but I also love savoring a book over time.
- Which writer’s books can’t you stand (please be honest)? I’d say Dostoevsky mainly because Russian literature is so difficult to get through. However, I love it once I’m well into the story.
- What’s your favorite cuisine? Mexican. Nothing can beat it.
- Can you tell the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you? Falling over a chain fence my first semester at college and splitting my eyebrow open – and not being able to come up with a better story.
- Dreamer or realist? Dreamer.
- Who inspires you? As of right now, Sofia Coppola. Beautiful storytelling.
- Favorite sport? Swimming.
- The perfect Saturday night is…? Either a games night with friends or a movie night with my wife.
Questions to nominees:
- Do you prefer conclusive endings in a story, or ambiguous endings? Why?
- Best movie you last saw?
- Best book you last read?
- Favorite way to unwind and relax?
- What inspires you to write?
- What is your ideal writing space?
- If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be?
- Biggest accomplishment as a writer?
- Biggest aspiration as a writer?
- If you had an entire day to yourself, how would you spend it?
- Favorite snack?