Happy moment: Scribbled Revisions got nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award!
by Todd Foley
I started this blog back in February with hopes of one or two people
reading finding my posts. I never expected to build such meaningful relationships with other writers around the world.
Fast-forward to a happy moment for Todd: Scribbled Revisions was nominated for a blogging award!
According to a quick Google search, the Kreativ Blogger Award has been circulating the web for years and has played a big role in bridging the audience gap between bloggers.
This is much more about the wider blogger community than the individuals themselves. Community is a beautiful part of both the real and cyber worlds.
A huge thanks to Laura Lee Anderson for nominating me. Laura generates solid content and I highly recommend following her blog for good reads and good conversations.
In order to properly accept this award, though, there are a few things I must do first.
1) Thank my nominator and provide a link to their blog.
2) List seven interesting things about myself.
3) Nominate seven other bloggers for the award.
So, here goes.
1) Already done, but again, thank you, Laura Lee Anderson!
2) Seven interesting things about myself:
- I’m an American married to the coolest lady in Canada.
- I was an extra in Free Willy 2, but can’t be seen because I was rather short back then.
- I swim and run and do yoga and circuit training so I can justify occasionally eating an entire bag of chips in one sitting.
- I have played the violin since I was eight years old.
- I’m an extreme Groupon-er.
- I had Chicken Pox twice.
- I have never seen The Matrix.
3) Seven other creative wonders:
- Jim Woods (Unknownjim.com): Jim is a fantastic human being who posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We seem to have a few things in common, one being an appreciation for Kelly Clarkson. Check out our conversation here.
- Max Andrew Dubinksy (Makeitmad.com): Max knows how to tap into the human condition and does so without any inhibitions. Buy his fiction. It’s raw, it’s real, it’s bleak, but it points to hope – and it’s only $.99 on Amazon. I had the honor of chatting one-on-one with him regarding self-publishing. He’s a keeper!
- Dave Lukas (Warriordave.com): Dave inspires people to embrace the Warrior that resides in each of us and to recognize the power and ability we possess to be a fierce individual with a passion for life. He helped me out by being featured as my first blogger interview (read it here).
- Andrea Cumbo (Andilit.com): Andrea is a writer, a teacher, an editor, and a reader who teaches creative writing, composition, professional writing, and developmental writing and reading. She hosts weekly Twitter forums called #writestuff.
- Nicole L Bates (Nicolelbates.com): I was introduced to Nicole through Andrea Cumbo’s #writestuff Twitter conversations. She loves words and knows how to use them.
- Andrew Zahn (Zahndrew.com): Andrew is an actor-turned-businessman who describes his site – aptly titled Creatives – as a “highway for creative growth by providing food, water, and shelter for those wishing to live, work, and play with creative zest.” And (shocker) I had the privilege of interviewing him about how he implements creativity into everyday life.
- Cole Bradburn (Colebradburn.com): Cole describes himself as a leader, writer and doctor. His blog The Adventure is full of awesome insights. Case study: An entire post dedicated to life lessons found in The Legend of Zelda. #Winning